Not sure about you but I know I don’t like to fail at anything, ever. However, occasionally it happens to all of us. We are humans and not robots and as the say “stuff happens”. Here are 6 tips that I hope will help you should this happen to you:
- If you make a mistake, own it. Don’t hide it because it will eventually be found. Better to be upfront and honest.
- Explain how you made the mistake but don’t make excuses. Nobody and I mean nobody wants to hear excuses.
- Have a plan for:
- Fixing your mistake
- Preventing it from happening again
- Don’t let this one mistake change your mindset. This can be a very slippery slope if you let it. Please don’t define yourself or your position by this one mistake.
- Be optimistic as this will keep you from feeling that this one failure is a permanent condition, which it is not.
- Stick with it and shake off the failure. Be persistent in your pursuits and let your optimism shine.
Remember when you were a kid and you fell off your bike?
Get right back on again and keep going.